Becoming a Legacy-Years Person
We encourage you to reframe the aging experience into a time of life when you distill all the events and possessions that went into your heritage as a legacy you pass on to the generations that come after you.A legacy has little or nothing to do with money or wealth. Your true legacy could be:
- your children and other loved-ones still speaking to each other after you are gone because you took the lead in making decisions about your living arrangements and the dispensation of your possessions.
- your possessions were handled with respect because your loved-ones were not overwhelmed by the amount of things that needed to be dealt with in a crisis.
- your history and heritage are shared by as many people and in as many ways as you choose.
Planning & Preparation
- We are available to help sort your possessions and get them in order, even before you start the move process.
- We can help plan the steps and timetable that will be comfortable for you.
- We can prepare a floor plan of your new home to make settling in more comfortable and efficient.
- We can help you decide what to do with your personal possessions.
Packing & Moving
- We can provide supplies and boxes for pre-packing as part of the sorting process.
- We arrange for and supervise professional moving services to assure a safe, orderly move.
We can help:
- Recreate familiar, personal surroundings, or assist in a new feel or look.
- Unpack, organize, and put away personal belongings.
- Hook up phone, appliances, TV, computer,etc.
- Make beds, hang artwork, arrange collectibles, set up kitchen, bathroom, etc.
Clearing & Cleaning House
- Arrange for the disposition of belongings remaining in the house.
- Handle shipping of items to friends and family.
- Contact appropriate organizations and businesses for the donation or sale of remaining articles.
- Arrange for rubbish or hazardous waste pick-up.
- Schedule a final cleaning of the house.